Saturday, September 14, 2013

Don't Be Afraid To Open Your Heart

Often times, there are things on my mind that I don't say. I have so many emotions that I don't share with Nick simply because it's easier that way. I have a lot of feelings. I'm a girl. We're like that sometimes. He always knows when I'm silencing myself, and he does his best to get it out of me. Eventually, I come around and tell him whats bugging me. I shouldn't be afraid to tell him from the beginning, though. I should just lay it on the table. We all should. It's okay to be emotional and to say what's on our mind. I recently came across this amazing Zooey Deschanel quote that sums this up perfectly:

“Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things.”

This is beautiful. Keep this in mind. Don't ever let anyone or anything stop you from displaying your emotions.
Bri 

No comments:

Post a Comment