Friday, November 8, 2013

Love Is What We're Made Of

Since this is a blog about love, I suppose I can talk about other things that I love aside from the one man I am crazy in love with. Like for example, pizza. Or my dog. My family, the ocean, Game of Thrones, new places, dessert of any kind, snowboarding, movies, summer, thunderstorms...blah, blah, blah. 
I was thinking the other day about my grandma, and how much I miss her. G-Unit. That's what we always called her. I loved her beyond words and I miss her every day, and as I was laying there, reminiscing, my thoughts turned to how crazy it is that there are so many kinds of love. Not only that, but the emotions that love brings.
First off, how wild is it that I can say "I fucking love these right now," as I enjoy some warm, gooey homemade cinnamon rolls. I can say "I loved my Grandma," as I look at old pictures and dwell on old memories. Or I can look into Nick's eyes and say "I love you," as my heart overflows with passion and giddiness.  All three of those are so different. So totally different. The feelings I get from each of them are not even close to the same. But then, in a way, they also are. I use the verb "love" for all three, yet somehow their meanings are all unlike the others. 
That brings me to my next point. How many different emotions can possibly fit inside that one, small, four- letter word? Apparently a lot. Love is an emotion. But to me, it seems it is a category of other emotions. Love can be anything and everything and maybe even nothing at all. It can be fear, sorrow, pain, heartbreak, tension, weakness, anger. It can be enthusiasm, strength, growth, enlightenment, spontaneity, warmth. It can be no more than physical attraction or butterflies in the tummy. It can be the death of us, or our saving grace. 
Maybe everything is love. Maybe that's what this world is composed of. Because we all love something or someone. No, I'm sure every single one of you is not in love with someone right now. But you probably love your dad, or your sister, or your nephew. You might love your pet bird or your pet rock. You might love getting a letter in the mail or when a new episode of your favorite tv show airs. Maybe you love root beer. You could love smoking cigarettes, baking cupcakes, gardening. The moon, Fridays, watching fireworks, getting tattoos, exploring new places, digging for buried treasure, going to sleep at night. 
For every one of you out there afraid that you'll never find love, don't be afraid anymore. You already found it. You've had love in your heart from the instant you came into this world. Love is all around us. Embrace it. Someone out there has loved you once before, loves you now, or will love you someday. There are things in your heart that you love whether you even realize it or not. Stop searching so desperately for love. You already have it. You ARE love. We all are.

And with that, I can say, I love you all!
Have an amazing weekend,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment