Sunday, September 15, 2013

How To Date a Country Boy

My baby is an outdoorsman. Fishing, hunting, talking about fishing and hunting, buying fishing and hunting gear, walking in the woods, taking pictures in the woods, wearing camo, buying camo, watching shows about fishing and hunting, etc. This is what he loves. For me, growing up in bumfuck, nowhere, I get it. I know why people love this stuff, but I never really did. Sure, I'll do it, but not very often. 
Where I live, everyone that I know has either done these things once or does them all the time. It is simply just the way it goes, and there's nothing wrong with that. The lifestyles people favor are different everywhere. Dating a country boy like Nick, I have found myself with a real appreciation for these sorts of hobbies. No, I don't love them, and probably never will. However, I do love the way he feels about them.
I love his passion for the outdoors. When he is happy, I am too, and when he's doing any of those things, he is most definitely happy. It makes me smile, watching how serious he is about what he loves. He gets so excited for fishing and hunting season. I really don't have anything that I love the way he loves being outdoors, doing all of those manly things. He is dedicated and devoted to always being better and having the best equipment. I don't have that same burning desire for anything. It is beautiful to watch. I love the joy it brings him.
When your man loves something, don't try to stop him from loving it. You may not always like his hobby, whatever it may be, but if he is passionate about something, don't ever take that away from him. If you don't complain about what he loves to do, he won't complain about your favorite things either. If he wants to take you with him to do what he loves, don't underestimate the importance of that. That's huge! He wants you to be a part of the biggest part of his life. You might not ever enjoy the same things he does, but learn to appreciate them. Appreciate what he does and why he does them. Respect him for that. Guys aren't hard to take care of. Don't try to change them. You want to do the things you want and so do they. Once you learn to acknowledge and take pride in the things he loves to do, you'll both be a whole lot happier.

Bri

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I live in a city but go to a "farming" school. Is it wrong to wear the boots and belts, also like boys that wear boots and know how to shoot guns and can work on cars stuff like that?

    ReplyDelete